Top 25 Things to Ask Your Wedding DJ
Most people looking to hire a wedding DJ, is doing so for the first time. The DJ not only plays great music, he/she uses music, lighting, and other effects to create lasting memories during your special ocassion. Don’t leave your big day to chance. We’ve assembled the top 25 questions to ask a potential DJ, to ensure you choose a great match.
- What is your style?
- Can you play my songs? (play list)
- Can you avoid these songs (do not play list)
- Do you take requests?
- Can you share a wedding playlist that you have done in the past?
- Do you emcee?
- Can you announce the entrances, toasts, and cake cutting?
- What do you wear?
- How would you describe your show?
- Where can we see you perform live?
- How many weddings do you play per year?
- What venues have you performed in?
- What other events do you play?
- Do you use turntables or digital mixing tools?
- Do you have references from a past wedding?
- Are you available on my date?
- Have you performed at our venue before?
- What sound and lighting gear do you bring with you vs should be provided by the venue?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How long does it take you to set up?
Pricing & Payment
- What is the cost?
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the final payment due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What circumstances may cause hidden fees or extra costs?