Top 25 Things to Ask Your Wedding DJ
Most people looking to hire a wedding DJ, are doing so for the first time. The DJ not only plays great music, but they use music, lighting, and other effects to create lasting memories during your special ocassion. Don’t leave your big day to chance. We’ve assembled the top 25 questions to ask a potential DJ, to ensure you choose a great match.
- What is your style?
- Can you play my songs? (play list)
- Can you avoid these songs (do not play list)
- Do you take requests?
- Can you share a wedding playlist that you have done in the past?
- Do you emcee?
- Can you announce the entrances, toasts, and cake cutting?
- What do you wear?
- How would you describe your show?
- Where can we see you perform live?
- How many weddings do you play per year?
- What venues have you performed in?
- What other events do you play?
- Do you use turntables or digital mixing tools?
- Do you have references from a past wedding?
- Are you available on my date?
- Have you performed at our venue before?
- What sound and lighting gear do you bring with you vs should be provided by the venue?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How long does it take you to set up?
Pricing & Payment
- What is the cost?
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the final payment due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What circumstances may cause hidden fees or extra costs?